Leo at 1 day old
1 week old
2 weeks old
3 weeks old
4 weeks old
5 weeks old
6 weeks old
7 weeks old
Many people tried to prepare me for the abundance of love that would accompany the birth of our son. I can honestly say that words cannot describe the deep immediate love Jonathan and I had for Leo just seconds after seeing him. It's so amazing, I find myself wanting to run to every pregnant woman and share with them the joy of being a parent.
Many people have asked if I would do the water birth again...my answer is yes, yes and yes. Jonathan and I were so pleased with everything, we haven't one single complaint about the whole journey. I will also recommend my midwife until I'm blue in the face. :)
Labor went rather fast and before I knew it, the little guy was just minutes away from taking his first breath. I have also had many friends ask why I chose to deliver Leo naturally. To sum up my many reasons, I would have to say that I truly believe we, as women, were created to do such a thing...be a nurturing caring vehicle to bring babies in to the world. I don't think God made any mistakes with our make up, our tenacity, our fight, strength and love to be in charge of such a task. I don't think labor is something to be feared, but truly, to be embraced.
I personally want to thank everyone, friends, family, co-workers and strangers for your faithful support. Cards, gifts, calls, emails and visits. Wow! We could have done it without you, but it would have been miserable :)
We love doing life with you.
2 comments:
Hey you two!! Congrats on the addition to your family! I've been following your guys' journey! I hope that new little bundle brings lots of laughter and love! Congrats again,
Darla Chastain (Knott)
Great pictures and we are very happy for all of you. Don't know where you are living, our condo comes up for rent in January would that be of interest to you? We would like to discuss. We have the same cell and email. Gary and Carol
Post a Comment