Sorry we've been so lazy with posting lately.
In short review:
Sandy had a conference with work in Salt Lake City for a week and a half. It was hectic, but as always, she did her job well without complaint. Since her trip she has had a little r & r (as you can see in the above picture :) and is gearing up for what lies ahead with work.
I've had two track meets this month, competing in 10 events and setting new personal bests in the 100m (twice), the shot put, the pole vault, the javelin (twice), and the 110m High Hurdles. Most all of them were just small nibbles off of previous bests, but it is still exciting to see. I tend to be a late bloomer each season, so early season p.r.'s are very encouraging.
Sandy also decided to go brunette for a while. I am pleasantly surprised with the change, though both of us are thinking she makes a better blondie than a brownie. Cast your votes for her future hair color. Most of her girlfriends here are rooting for the browns.
He also took us out to dinner on his own dime. You're a good man, Tyler.
And congratulations to Pete and Kim on their new baby!
17 comments:
Sandy, being a "brownie" my self I'd have to say that you're stylin' the brown like a natural. However, for your next color, I'm thinking pink for sure...hahah. You're cute with any color of hair. Miss ya!
Hey collins,
haven't talked to you in years! (this is taylor by the way) i was talking with heather stimson and we got to talking about you and she gavve me your blog. just so you know i'm living vicariously through you, so keep me updated on your training.
peace to you my friend,
taylor
Wow, Taylor Johnson...there's a name I haven't heard in a while. Good to hear from you.
JC, thanks for the update. I was reading the post at work and Sandy's R&R picture made me let out a loud "cackle" that was kind of embarrassing.
Way to go Tyler paying for a meal! You're a stud.
As for Sandy and her brown hair, I don't have much to say. Since I stopped reading after the word brownie...mmm brownies. J/K looks good Sandy.
ttyl, brother.
Where is your next meet?
Scott! We are on here at the same time!
Hmmm... gotta go with blonde on this one. Not that you're not still foxy, mind you, it just puts you more on par with your husband--and we definitely don't need him being the cutest person in this relationship.
Taylor visited your blog--that's funny. I get a lot of play with my non-college friends telling stories about living on his hall...
hey hey scott and richard!
yeah, it has been awhile. what are you all up to? anyone else training for bejing?
scott & collins - i just had a facility service guy come up to me laughing about our prank on frank. he got a big kick out of the fact that i'm actually enforcing rules now at MNU. (he also laughed about collins using his climbing gear to get into the office - CLASSIC!)
peace, t
Sandy I love your hair!!! Hey, just wanted to let you know that I learned how to parallel park the other day.... :)
http://en.beijing2008.cn/55/69/olympicmedal.shtml
I think blonde is better for summer time and brunette is better for cooler weather...but you look beautiful no matter what! I always thought I looked too washed out with brown hair, but I might have liked it better had I had a tan...who knows.
Taylor-it's good to hear from my old college training partner. I think of you from time to time as I'm out there pluggin away on the track. To give you the quick rundown, I started tackling the crazy decathlon after a summer of triathlon training. I gained 25 lbs of muscle in 6 months and my body is just now (2 years later) learning how to use it effectively on the track. My score in the dec started in the low 5,000's two years ago and I'm up to the low 7,000's. 7,600 will get me into the trials and 8,000 should get me to China next summer. So, 2,400 points of improvement down and about 700 to go. You'd love to hate the training out here; it's rediculous.
Tell me more about what's going on with you. I'd say email me, but enough of my blog friends know you and probably want to hear it on here. They can snoop in on our dialogue.
Scott- I'm so glad to hear that picture made you cackle. We saw that guy in Tijuana enjoying his sunday afternoon. I immediately thought, "ah man! I wish Scott could be here for this!" Surely we'll grow up sometime. Did you hear Michael Shortino bought a house?
What... I don't get any comments back? Hrumph.
richard - the funny thing is, i know exactly what sound "hrumph" makes. you really are a genius!
Happy belated 25th birthday JC. I can't believe how old you are all getting. I guess that tells you something about me. As for age, Sandy, any color looks good on ya. I'm sticking with my grey look. It seems to be in this year. I'm just thankful it's still attached. Congrats JC on the new PR's I still praying for ya both. And finally, I didn't know you saw me in Mexico. You took my picture and didn't even wake me? That's just rude!
Taylor: I still think you owe me $100 for that prank. P.S. I still have the pictures.
Richard: hrumph.
Jonathan: take me to Tijuana.
Scott W: if you looked like that, I'd hang out with you more often.
Boys! Sometimes I just don't understand you! Thanks for all the laughs. I miss all that laughter here in my house!
http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/news?slug=ap-beijing-chinglish&prov=ap&type=lgns
Good to know...
Post a Comment