I ran last week in Arizona and ended up with a decent 400 meter dash and a much improved performance in the hurdles. Hurdles have been a weakness of mine in the past and I opened the season just 3/10ths of a second off of the window of a world class performance.
The 400m made for a suspenseful finish as I fought for a come-from-behind-victory. I got a little too comfortable on the back stretch and paid for it later.
This weekend I was up in L.A. and did the pole vault, the 400 (again) and the shot put. The schedule was tightly packed, but I was able to manage competing in each.
The world class window for a decathlete in the vault is generally 15'-17'. In the quarter it's anything under 50 seconds, and in the shot put it's high 40's to low 50's (feet). We are excited to see all the preseason work paying off this early in the season. We are well ahead of last year's marks at this time... but as always, there is still much to be done.
Five months 'til D-day.
10 comments:
I'm proud of ya and know you can do it. Keep up the hard work and we'll keep praying for you!
Blessings!
That video got me pumped! Keep it up dude.
Hi there!! Just slightly jealous of what looks like warm weather there... :) Great pictures! Thanks for stopping by our blog and saying HI. We sure missed seeing you at Christmas - can't wait for you guys to meet Corben (hopefully sooner than later)!!
Jennifer
P.S. I do a weekly stop off at your blog too. It's great to see the exciting stuff you and Sandy are up to!
Grrr, the Abbey blocks videos. I'm sure it was awesome though.
I'm a little bummed that I probably won't be able to make it to China, what with the living without income and all. I'll keep praying for you though!
Pax,
RM.
(I know this post wasn't sarcastic. I'll try harder next time.)
Jonathan literally tempted his mom to break her Lenten fast from blogs and I fell for it!!!! It is OK though. I have still spent a lot of time in THE WORD today. Some may say I am writing this scripture out of context, but folks, I am not! Both Jonathan's training and his spiritual walk fit in with the scripture I am giving to Jonathan today.
I Corinthians 1: 3-9 The Message
May all the gifts and benefits that come from God our Father, and the Master Jesus Christ, be yours. Every time I think of you -and I think of you often!-I thank God for your "life" of free and open access to God, given by Jesus. There's no end to what has happened in you-it's beyond speech, beyond knowledge. The evidence of Christ has been clearly verified in your "life". Just think-you don't need a thing, you've got it all! All God's gifts are right in front of you as you wait expectantly for our Master Jesus to arrive on the scene for the Finale. And not only that, but God Himself is right alongside to keep you steady and on track until things are all wrapped up by Jesus. God, who got you started in this spiritual adventure, shares with us the life of the Son and our Master Jesus. He will never give up on you. Never forget that!
I wish I could have been there to see you and to cheer for you...that is so awesome!
Dude, way to go! I was thinking about you the other day and decided I really miss you brother. I was laughing to myself about the giant white van you bought to cross the country with... you know the one with one seat, that little kids ran from, and we picked up Phil's bbq with it? I'm sure you remember. :) Anyhow, Danielle and I would love to hang out one of these days, you know when we randomly come to California for the weekend (With a 2 year old and a 36 week prego mom!) ...you know that isn't going to happen. Well none the less, keep pressin' in for the sake of the Kingdom bro. We love you guys!
Love ya, Randy
Well my my! You know in junior high when the big kids would win the race, no one thought it was fair. You're twice the size of all those other runners. My nick name for you is officially "Triplecepts"
Way to go man! We love you. We believe in you and know that the 08 Olympics will be a story and a half (actually ten stories).
I haven't checked in with you guys in a while. Glad to see Jonathan on "track" with everything. I will be bragging so hard that I know someone in the olympics!!
Nice work brother. Several of us "Lee's-Summit-weather-is-stupid-why-do-we-live-here" folks are curious about your current measurements and times for each of your events. Give us some scoop. Finally, whats the "Five months 'til D-day.
Post a Comment