7.29.2006

Good times, Good friends

We've had an eventful weekend with Daniel and Shannon Parris coming to visit, as well as my good man Caleb Brown proposing to Ashley Sears.



Daniel and I went to highschool together and were in each others' weddings. He went to college at Stanford and is the source of me finding and moving to Bend. They now live in the S.F. Bay area and he is finding success with his chemical engineering degree as Shannon will begin teaching this fall. They are also very involved with their local church and seem to love it.


Caleb was supposed to be in our wedding (flight issues). He's a good guy who is always biting off more than he can chew (in a good way). As is obvious from the picture, his choice in a wife is no exception. Fortunately, Caleb hears from and is blessed by God, which made chasing Ashley not only the desire of his heart, but an act of obedience to God's will. Way to go dude! Welcome to the "We're not worthy" club.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scott F says...is a future wife something to be chewed? Also wondering if it was God's will for the match why did our friend Caleb have to chase her? - and if it was God's will, and I am sure it is, did dear Caleb really make a choice? Just wondering how all of this works. Say hello to Sandy for me..enjoying reading your blog.
Scott F.

jonathandy said...

Your questions are excellent and I want to respond to them, but could you answer a few questions first?

1. What is your last name? I can't place the F. I think you're now the third Scott on the blog.

2. Defined "chewed" in your sentence.

Thanks for your questions. I'm sure they will create excellent dialogue. (and hopefully we don't make anyone upset :)

jonathandy said...

...Does anybody else know who Scott F. is?