9.06.2006

Training begins

I had my first training session today with my new coach. It was fun... and by fun I mean I could hardly hold my arms up to the steering wheel on the way home and it will probably take me 5 minutes to get up from this chair. This guy is for real.

Besides my coach (who is a great guy) I had the pleasure of lifting with an olympic lifter today that was quick to let his thoughts be known. Between the "Is that all you got" and "My girlfriend lifts more" tauntings I almost barked back with a "Let's take it to the track and see whose laughin then" but decided to keep my mouth shut. (it was all in good fun)

There's a fitness competition coming up at the end of september and I have intentions of breaking his record to quiet him down. The competition is a mix of 95lb power snatches and pull ups: 21 snatches, 21 pullups, 15 snatches, 15 pull ups, 9 snatches, 9 pull ups.

Anyway, it's time to go shopping for glasses with Sandy! 5 years on broken frames and old perscriptions is long enough. After that, I'll come home to a nice, tastey, athlete lunch:


(I wonder if they'll let me use one of those motorized wheelchair thingies while shopping...)

15 comments:

Dan Krause said...

That looks delicious...or something. Maybe not--actually, I'm going to have to go against my previous statement.

Anonymous said...

are you on drugs? i'm telling your mom.

R. M. A. J. Romero said...

I'd enjoy it a lot more if I didn't know that you enjoy it.

I'm evil like that.

Joyce Collins said...

Ha Ha Lori! You forgot that I am a vitamin, herbal, alternative health, nutrient freak! All that is wrong about me being all that is that I like to go out to eat at restaurants...which do not feed us the right way!

jonathandy said...

The brown is a powerbar
The pink is protein (add water)
The green is a multivitamin
The white is msm+gluchosimine
The white and red is creatine
The yellowish is fish oil
The pinkish is ibuprofin- rarely taken

Don't worry- all natural, all legal, most necessary, one of each with each meal

Joyce Collins said...

I thought you wern't going to take the creatine anymore!

zibaby said...

awesome.


psyched, psyched, psyched!


Seems like just a week ago we were swimming in a lake and I was kicking your butt.

Oh, wait.

Anonymous said...

I am worried for you.

jonathandy said...

Liz: Worried for what? I'm not poutin, this is normal first of the season stuff. I remember in high school being late for classes and college having to rest on my way to dinner because of soreness.

Mom: This is an old picture. I'm not on creatine any more except for possibly during competitive season. We'll see what my coach says.

Joyce Collins said...

GOOOOOOD! Drink lots of water the next time you use that stuff!!!!!!!! I mean....tons of water!!!!!!!!! I mean everytime you lick your lips!!!!!!!

Bobby said...

Just droppin a howdy doody (i'm really not sure i've ever spelled out doody before) Glad things are going well. Thinking and praying for you guys, and i sure hope you found some wicked cool glasses!

Anonymous said...

Great to hear about your coach. You rock my friend. Ashley and I send our love...and we're planning to go with you to Bejing in 08...I'll carry the vaults and Ashley's got the shots ;)

Joyce Collins said...

Here is what I fixed for dinner the night before last and Dad actually ate it!!!!! Salmon Salad...with basil,sage,and thyme from my herb pot. Dandelion greens, nasturtium leaves and flower(he did not eat the flower, I did) from my garden, fennel seed, walnuts and lime juice. He ate it all and liked it!!!!! :?)

Danny Schulz said...

If you need lessons on how to use those motorized wheelchair thingies than I'm your man...lots of experience over the last three months.

jonathandy said...

Keri: Sounds great. You can get our phone # from Danny. When/where is your game? Maybe we can come and watch.

Danny: I can't believe the amount of suffering that could come from such a small mistake. For those who don't know, Danny was positioning a sprikler head in his yard and slipped getting out of its way. Three months, split bones, a few screws, and a pair of crutches later, he still is fighting through the recovery.

Get well soon my friend