
Then He said to His disciples, "Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; nor about the body, what you will wear. Life is more than food, and the body is more than clothing. Consider the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap, which have neither storehouse nor barn; and God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds? And which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?...But seek the kingdom of God, and all these things will be added to you. Do not fear, little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom."
11.17.2006
and God feeds them
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What a powerful word for our lives right now. Just what I needed to read this morning. Thanks for the word all the way from San Diego needed in Bend right now!
Jonathan, I just added a blog on materialism...it's funny that you posted that passage. Synergy...
This scripture has always caused me to ponder. There was a time I took it to mean to buy my clothes at garage sales(I did get some cute clothes!) until a friend in the clothing industry reminded me she made her living by people buying from the store she tailored at. After a trip to Mexico I decided not to buy anything new for a year. All these decisions based on this scripture. A few years back I had a major weight loss and summer was coming and everything hung on me. I told my husband I would need a whole new wardrobe. He informed me that the budget could not handle it. That is when this scripture came to mind and I asked the Lord to somehow supply me with clothes. A few weeks later I was in the home of a friend who buys only the best of clothes. She had gained weight and had bagged two big trash bags full of clothes to give away. I came home with prettier clothes than I had ever had in my entire life! God is faithful to His promise.
Seek ye first the Kingdom of God...let that song dictate your day by singing it in your mind first thing when your feet hit the floor in the morning...then ask the Lord to lead you to His targets for His Love to flow through you to them.
There is nothing more exciting than Kingdom Business!!!!!!
Post a Comment