11.20.2006

Thanksgiving week

Sandy and I both have off for the week...kind of.

Sandy is off completely. I have an "active rest" week, which is pretty light, but still eventful. I'll give a snapshot of my schedule:

Mon. 1 hr of long jump drills
5 x 400 meters @ 60 sec.
1 hr of shot put drills
30 min. stretching

Tues. Meeting with pastor of potential new church home
1.5 hrs in weight room (dead lifts, power cleans, etc.)
14 x 150 meter grass strides
100 pole plants
1 hr of stretching

Wed. 4 x 80 meters
4 x 60 meters
4 x 30 meters
100 ab combo
1 hr of stretching

Thurs. OFF!!

Fri. 5 x 200 meters easy tempo (28-30 secs)
100 pole plants
1 hr of stretching

Sat. 16 x 150 meter grass strides
1 hr of stretching
100 ab combo

Sun. OFF!!


Well shoot, after writing that all down, I'm no longer convinced this is the "big rest week" I've been waiting for.


Anyway, we'll be travelling up to Santa Barbara (5 hrs) with Heather (Sandy's best friend) and Seth (the buyer of my lawn business) who are now engaged. He has family up there which we will spend T-day with. They get in tuesday at noon and Sandy is SUPER EXCITED!!!

Crazy- this time last year we were driving through snow over mountains to spend Thanksgiving with Daniel and Shannon Paris at her family's home. This year we'll be driving the coast in the 70's and 80's.


We'll fill you in on pics with friends later.

Enjoy your week!

...And this just in: Uncle Jonathan and Aunt Sandy missed Zion's baby dedication. I guess that's okay, it looks like he's in good hands with Grandma Joyce.

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do better with your games this year! :?)

Joyce Collins said...

Is that a beard I see?

jonathandy said...

funny, you think I can produce a beard. That's not a beard, that's a "ehh, I'll shave tomorrow" repeated for a few days.

and to my good friend anonymous: thank you for making no sense?

Anonymous said...

Do better at your table games than you did last year!

Christina, Hannah, Aspen, Brooke, and Taylor said...

Since Sandy has the more "off" week we expect to see a resting on my days off photo in near future! We miss you guys! Have fun eating turkey! By the way...Do you have to eat turkey powder in pill form to go along with your athlete lunch seen in the September 6 post?? =)

Joyce Collins said...

turkey powder(well, sorta)

http://health.howstuffworks.com/medical-uses-for-turkey-tail-mushrooms-ga.htm

Anonymous said...

Funny, I just shaved my beard for the first time since July. I got a bit overzealous trimming it last night.

But of course, no one is coming to your blog to read about my facial hair. Have a good Thanksgiving.

jonathandy said...

to anonymous: LOL! I'm guessing you are Daniel. I sat and read and reread your comment all confused and then it hit me...no, it embezzled me!

Anonymous said...

I am not Daniel!

Anonymous said...

It embezzeled you!?
Are you still going to be able to come home for Christmas?

jonathandy said...

Who's the mystery man?...er, woman?

Anonymous said...

I was very disappointed when I first sent the anon message because I thought my personal type of smiley face would give me away! But worse than that, I can't stand "deleted by author" notes left on blogs. So, I figured you would catch on right away!!!! :?)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I haven't shaved my beard in...well, to be honest, I always just shave for fun. On my sixteenth birthday, the navy sent me a razor, and my mom laughed at me. I went all Charlie Brown Christmas, hung my head, and walked out of the room. Oh puberty, when will you hit Magilla Gorilla?

Joyce Collins said...

This is for you, Dan. See you later alligator, after while crocodile, in an hour dino-sour, REELA-GORILLA?, not so soon you big baboon!

Anonymous said...

is that weird bump on your left forearm where you keep your secret weapon?

Anonymous said...

I just read on the ZEST website that you are the winner for 2007. They hadn't updated the rest of the website with details yet though. CONGRATS! Liz Faron

jonathandy said...

Liz (Faron)- I'm wondering if you saw Zest's Adventure Man, whose name is Jon? I can't find anything that says I've won. Hopefully they will meet their own deadline and inform us on this thursday. Let me know if you can track down where you saw my name. Thanks for keeping a look out!

Anonymous said...

You Did Win! I just checked out Zest.com and it says it right on the page! That's awesome! Congrats!

Joyce Collins said...

Jonathan...Brook e-mailed me to tell me you won! I thought the same thing you did, but I tried zest.com and that little card has your name on it! I think that other Jon is last years. I do not remember that guy being on the voting list at all!!!!!

jonathandy said...

huh, I guess I am on there. They haven't contacted me, so I'm not going to get too excited yet. I'll keep you posted as information comes.

Beauty from Ashes said...

where are we going? Congratulations to you.......i knew you would win I also saw it on the front page of Zest.com

Anonymous said...

I had everyone voting for you from the KCMO Po-Po. They will all be thrilled to hear you won. I'll wait to put it in our daily newspaper until I hear confirmation from you. I'm excited for you! Liz Faron

Anonymous said...

Is it okay if I still call you Jonathan? Or are you going to let it get to your head Mr. February? Ha ha. Just kidding, man. Congrats! How exciting! Your trip's going to be awesome!

Joyce Collins said...

So you have finally officially heard from them!!!! Now I will congratulate you!!!!! You four will have such a good time!!!!!!

Tara Buce said...

hey congrats on being zest man of the year!!!