11.02.2006

Gary & Joyce Collins Visit to San Diego

Wild Animal Park







Dinner on the ocean and a movie on the sailboat behind us.


Hat Shopping for Joyce

Playing on the Beach Early Morn.

just checkin out a 5.9 million$ home for us, watching surfers, cruising the pier


Playing with seaweed

(Joyce is inspecting it for nutritional value; trying to figure out how she can get that on the plane and preserve all the nutritional benefits in algae)


And we all lived happily ever after.....

7 comments:

Joyce Collins said...

What a very special time we had there! On our way home Gary and I talked about how each time we have come back from visiting our kids(Jeremy & Tricia in Denver, You in Bend and San Diego) we come back feeling like we have had the best time. We are so very proud of our kids. You are all four wonderful!

Joyce Collins said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Sandy!!! I think I read this is your 25th, so that makes you 1/4 of a century. Now, does that make you feel OLD????? But that isn't very old for a tree...

Life has been kind of crazy around here lately. Satin had been messing around with all of us. It got especially bad when we started playing only worship music. By the third day, oh my gosh!!! I think we were all ready to walk out the door. Then we rebuked the devil and things got better almost immediately. So, with that in mind, we play the worship music daily. That has really helped.

The summer was REALLY busy. But, for the pasy several weeks, the foot traffic has slowed down. Now that it is getting closer to the holidays, people want to get their homes fixed up. So it is picking up again.

Pastor Chris is madly finishing up the upstairs area so Matt can move his office up there. It is turnig out really nice. Hopefully, there will be some people who want to rent out the other offices.

Mike and David have moved their desks down to the West Wing, along with Chris Nelson, our Tile Director. That means most of the carpet and tile displays have been moved down here, some carpet in the main showroom. The tile room finaly has a tiled floor, imagine that!!! It looks really nice and brightens up that room as well as gives people some ideas of what they can do with different tiles.

Allie is Cheri's and my assistant and is now 11 weeks pregnant, due May 27th. You can imagine how excited Matt and Kim are. Also, Cathy's son is expecting twins (can't remember when, though).

How is the training going??? Are you both enjoying the warmer weather??? The temps up here are beginning to warm up a bit, it was down to 10 several nights ago with a high of 39. burrrrrrrrr!!!

Have you found a job yet??? Are you still looking??? Any baby on the way??? Seems like there are about a dozen young couples who are expecting their first baby within the year, and they are fairly close in due dates. Funny how that happens.

We missed seeing you when you weren't able to be in Ashley and Caleb's wedding. We were all hoping to touch base with you again.... So, do keep in touch when you think of us. I guess, if we don't hear from you, you aren't thinking of us....boo, hoo.

Well, it is Saturday, I am at work, thinking of all the Saturdays we worked together. We did have fun together, didn't we???

I guess I have rambled on long enough. So I will sign off for now. Take care and write when you can.

Enjoy your birthday. Oh, did I tell you, this is technically your 26th birth day. Think about it.

See you, miss you.
Love,
Nancy

Anonymous said...

Sandy...what on earth is on your feet? Are those flats? You only have one picture (thank goodness) posted with them on....oh my!! You need to come back home for a day or two, I think San Diego is getting to you!

jonathandy said...

LOL, I keep hinting the same thing. The funny thing is that she got them used from a fashionable girl here in Ca. She defends them as "super comfy and real leather...blah, blah, blah"


jc

Anonymous said...

oh no you dittint. Dissin' on the mocks? they've become one of my favorite shoes! I literally wear them all the time; with skirts, jeans, my nike running pants. Just wait, I'll be sportin those babies when I visit K.C. too! The mid-west is so last season when it comes to fashion. You all really have a thing or two to learn from this west coast girl.

Joyce Collins said...

That's my daughter-in-law! Just like me!!!! :?) She wears what is comfortable...not what fashion says!