So I know this is a little late, but I just got the full packet with all the answers in the mail today:

The article Jeremy wrote and submitted about me in the Zest competition ended out winning the Grand Prize!
It is a $15,000 gift certificate to http://www.gapadventures.com/, which is a pretty incredible travel agency. There are no limitations to where we can go or what we can do. It never expires and can be used on as many trips or people I wish as long as I am a part of the group. It is nontransferable, so I can't cash in or sell to an outsider.
So the next step for Jeremy, the wonder-wifeys, little Zion, and I is to sit down and decide where in the world we want to go, what adventure we want to experience, how much we want to spend on the first trip, etc. etc!
I know he's my brother and all, but I'm thinkin' I'd be willing to find a substitute for the right price, if there are any takers out there (sheepish grin with a toss of the eyebrows) I imagine my dad may try to pick at it too... ;)
So some top picks would be to travel to the place I mentioned a few post ago in the islands of Norway:

http://www.gapadventures.com/tour/XVCSN but the expeditions are pretty pricey.

We hope to get a chance to go see our good friends Brent and Virginia, Africa's newest and finest missionaries.

And possibly take a horse across Tibet or something; I'll keep you posted when we decide.

I'd really like to take a yacht around the full coast of the Indian Ocean, dock at all of the countries along the way, make friends with real pirates, etc., but I don't see that listed. Maybe they could make a custom itinerary.
Thanks soooo much for all of you that voted. Visiting every country in the world is one of my top five life long dreams and you guys are helping to bring it to pass. Praise God for His blessing and favor in our lives! I often sit in front of our large map on the wall and dream and pray that God would open opportunities for us to see His creation and make a difference in His people around the world. I believe this is just one of many amazing opportunities to come in being a part of His will.
Mat 7:11 Therefore, if you, being human, know to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give good things to those that ask Him?
Oh, and to keep the good people at Summers happy, here are a few (older) pictures (sorry Vinny, Sandy hasn't been taking pictures the past couple of weeks):
12 comments:
Congrats!! That's awesome! You can do so much with that much $$$. Like say, take Amy and I with you. Fo'real though, that's a great picture of you and Sandy. Nice smile.
I know someone who could give you an awesome tour of Italy.
*hint hint nudge nudge*
I'm so glad you all won. You're going to have a blast on your travels. I can't wait to hear where you decide to go.
awwwww...sounds like a lot of fun. kim and i are excited for you all...and we crack up every time we tell someone that you are the zest adventure man of the year, or should we say, "Mr.February?"
Good stuff my friends. Keep on changing the world - you're blessed to be a blessing...(I think that means you're supposed to bless us with your presence in Africa...)
Hey guys, here's an idea. Branson, MO, Silver Dollar City and the Baldknobbers Show. You'd be down to about $14,840 after that extraveganza. Jonathan, where are your PR's for the 10 events? Need an update.
There's nowhere in the world like Nampa, ID for an exotic get away. Beautiful sugar beat factories, endless freeways and roads, farmlands that stretch as far as the eye can see - and a really great church.
It's calling your name I know.
I mean beet.
Zim- You totally took my newest idea of where to go. How do you spell adventure? B-r-a-n-s-o-n!
My PR's are hibernating for the winter. We are doing a ton of work in the weight room, on drills, running, etc. I won't start establishing official marks until late jan. to early feb. However, I did pull off a solid 8x400m @ 60 secs each the other day. Also, my coach thinks I could go 16 ft in the vault this spring in response to how I'm looking (which is a SOLID olympic mark). My shot has been landing in the low 40's, which is pretty close to most top decathlete national level performances. I also ran a fairly relaxed 1000 the other day in 2:48 after vaulting, throwing and sprints. That clocks in as the fourth fastest time of the all time top ten U.S. indoor performances within a heptathlon (indoor equivalent to the dec) That doesn't mean a whole lot since it wasn't during a hep, but it gave us a good idea of where I am. Point-wise that is the equivalent of a 4:22 1500m, which only a couple of decathletes in the world can beat. I also ran a 60m dash that tied the equivalent of my best 100m last year. That's promising since we haven't done any top speed or block work. In response to what we are seeing in practice, there's a chance I could qualify for indoor nationals in early march. That's sooner than we were planning, so we'll see how it goes. I'm weighing in at 195 and will probably grab a few more pounds before spring. That's right where we want to be, so that's good news as well.
I know that doesn't exactly answer your question, but that's all I have for now. I'll keep you posted. -thanks for your interest
Danny- I remember driving through Idaho and thinking, "Wow, this is Idaho?" It's actually a fairly underrated place, depending on where you go. Yeah, I heard there's a rockin church up there! Rumor has it that somebody is preachin down the house. Keep up the good work. I'm not sure how or when, but I'll try to make it up there sometime... or we can just meet half way in Uganda. :)
What are your other 4 dreams?
Christy- sorry I'm getting back to you so late. As far as my other four dreams, you obviously know one with the olympics. I'm not sure I'm ready to go public with the other three. I'm sure you and everyone else reading understand that it can be scary to expose big ideas of the heart. Maybe I'll tell you offline sometime.
Post a Comment