9.23.2007

Zest Adventure #1

About a year ago Jeremy wrote a little bio and entered me in an adventure contest. His entry won me/us a $15k adventure travel award from Zest Soap.





For our first dip into the winnings we decided that we would go to the Lofoten Islands of Norway. Every time I have seen a picture of that area my heart has stirred and Jeremy was very interested to check out the potential climbing of the the amazing granite rocks jumping out of the Norwegian Sea. Not to mention, it was my most desired place to visit on earth.


The scenery had us in constant awe and at times seemed fake. None of these shots have been edited and were all taken with your basic digital camera.






We kept ourselves plenty busy in the mid-40's, always rainy weather. (we had about 6 hours of sunshine in our 7 day stay)

Playing on fish racks, climbing on boulders, and making up workouts on random structures were just a few of the items on our daily checklist.




And as it turns out: camping + city = homelessness...
something you don't quite realize until you look at the pics. :)

*uggh, can't get shot to load*

Toss in some quality hitchhiking and before you know it, you're a bonafide bum travelling northern Europe...

Thus the coined phrase for the trip, "This is no more than irresponsibility... disguised as adventure."

But,

"Irresponsibility breeds adventure!"



But that's okay, the break, the beauty, and the bonding made everything all worth it.

8 comments:

R. M. A. J. Romero said...

You should have gone to Italy...

...but I'm glad you had a good time.

Scott Lee said...

Awesome! I'm glad you guys got do this. Personally I think a bit of homeless travel would be fun.

Joyce Collins said...

Hey! Where did that video go? I sent a bunch of people here to look at it!!!!!!!

jonathandy said...

It was just a test to learn how to post video. I never meant to leave it on there. I lost connection after posting it and didn't back to the internet for a few days. Sorry.

Bondservant said...

Hey guys. Miss you both. AMAZING pictures. Love you guys and hope to see you both again in our futures:)
In Mexico right now and will be moving down in December for a year but really its open ended.God is doing CRAZY stuff and rocken my face off every day. Loving life and running hard after the impossible. Bless you and drop a line if you get a chance. Seth Brown.

R. M. A. J. Romero said...

I cried when the video vanished...

Joyce Collins said...

Ahhhemmmm....... :?)

Joyce Collins said...

http://www.myspace.com/liveoffensively
What do you think of this site?