Somewhere on the 10 hour road trip between Dallas and K.C. yesterday I got a text from my coach:
"I think you should look at it this way- doing two decathlons in one week is crazy, but so is showing up 2 years before Olympic Trials and training for an event that takes years to master and getting to where you are now. It would be right up your alley. It is a state of mind. You can do it."
He's right. So here I sit, waiting to board my flight to Portland.
"...exhausted but still in pursuit." Judges 8:4
6.10.2008
Coach's Text
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
I take full responsibility for that craziness.
Good luck Jonathan...you have never taken the lesser of the two roads!
We believe in you and will continue to pray!
Jana
You know, we talked a while back about 10,000. It's craziness! Life is crazy but so is faith. Believe in yourself, believe in your God. We believe in you!
blessings!
Scott
Go for the Gold, God did!
Believing in you and your faith and the abilities that you have been blessed with.
no regrets!
I love it! I got chills reading it. This is the Collins I know and love. Kim, Reece, and I will be praying for you. I have never once thought you weren't going to make it; I have always believed that I'll be watching my friend in Bejing this summer.
go get em big guy!
We continue to be proud of you, son! And in awe of what you allow God to do with you! You are such a blessing!
My name is Zach Johnson. I have been following your blog a lot...heard about it through Steve Beckerle. I also have met Scott Lee from when steve and him worked at the Pub house together. I saw you around at midamerica but don't think I met you officially Anyway. I just wanted to let you know that I am praying for you. Sounds like your coach gave you some great advice. I will be praying that God will have a special hand on your worn out body. You are a beast!
Hey Jonathan,
Go and do what God has created you to do. I will be praying for you.
In God I Trust,
Neil H. Taylor II
P.S. If God is for you who can be against you, Romans 8:31.
jonathan and sandy,
thanks for the encouragement on our blog and thanks for cheering Joe on at the meet last week in Dallas! It really meant a lot to me that you and Lauri were so dedicated to keeping me informed! We would love to see the videos and pictures you took...our e-mail address is: cebulskis@gmail.com
Good luck tomorrow in Oregon, Jonathan!
Laura Cebulski
JON,
This is Trevor from San Diego your "aspiring decathlete". i just spent the past hour reading your blog and i have to say i have so much respect for you. Ill never forget our conversation that cloudy afternoon becore my BIG arcadia Decathlon, my first one ever when you told me to follow the passions of my heart. you've got one more shot at olympic gold, all it takes is all you got, i want to see you at the finish like in euguene!!!
your the best coach ive ever had, and your the best inspiration a young aspiring star can have, i would one day hope to follow in your footsteps, your the greatest inspiration ive ever had.
FOLLOW THE PASSIONS OF YOUR HEART
let your burning heard light up the track in Euguene, youve been given a second chance, do what you have been traing to do!!
i have complete faith in you and you will always be a hero in my eyes!!!!
hope to see you at the finish line!!!
you really are a ROCKSTAR RUNNER!!!!
take care man, light it up
"all it takes is all you got" -steve prefontaine
your athlete
Trevor Moore
So..... competing and performing to your expectations last weekend would have been amazingly great! But, would those around you and in your future who don't believe in Jesus be influenced as much by when you compete and qualify for the trials by completing your second decathlon in less than 6 days? Something that is supposed to take 2 weeks to recover from? Now that is a testimony, one that others will have to say: "Maybe this guy is right and God is with him and He is real, I want some of what you got."
SSS
Post a Comment