Here's an estimate of what I need to pull from inside of me for tomorrow and friday. It's just a rough visual of what could go down...
100m: 10.95 seconds 872 pts -an avg. of my past three races
Long Jump: 6.80m (22'4") 767 pts -a 3" improvement on my two best jumps this year
Shot Put: 13.50m (44'4") 698 pts -what I hit on a good day, done in wmups at last two decs.
High Jump: 1.88 (6'2") 696 pts -one inch higher than past two decs., done often in practice
400m: 48.99 sec. 862 pts -an avg. of my past three races
110HH: 15.20 sec. 825 pts -a half second breakthrough I've been expecting all season
Discus: 44m (144') 746 pts -done dozens of times in practice, a 6 ft competition p.r.
Pole Vault: 4.90m (16'1") 880 pts -a 3 inch p.r. that I've been waiting two months to hit
Javelin: 57m (187ft) 693 pts -hit it in wmups last week and in practice all month
1500m: 4:26 791 pts -a few seconds faster than usual, but not my best
______
Total: 7,810 pts
I recognize this would be a great performance on fresh legs. And by the way today's premeet shake-out went, I'm in need of a miracle. That's no biggy though, I know a Guy who does those for a full time job. He's been doing them for me for years now. My left patella tendon is the major concern physically, but mentally I'm doing well. I'm too spent to get uptight or nervous and I'm ready to not fear messing up (I took care of that last week :). It's a "whatever happens, happens. I'm goin' for broke" type of meet. I'm realizing the purpose of all those preseason days that I stepped on the track and thought, "okay, I'll give it my all today, but it's probably going to end my career." What felt like overtraining may end out being the very thing that gets me through this.
Thanks for all your prayers. Just remember they are useless without faith, fervency, obedience, and right motive. I'll try to give updates tomorrow night.
2 comments:
Dear Jonathan and Sandy, We are praying fervently for the God of the breakthrough to prevail in and through Jonathan! Keep on fighting that good fight of faith and running the race!!
Blessings,
Steve, Haidee and Family
P.S. Be encouraged by Psalm 27, especially verses 13 and 14. This is for you!
Continuing on with the Psalms~ a prayer from Psalm 28:7-9
We praise you Oh Lord! We know You hear our cry for mercy. Father, You are Jonathan's strength and shield. He trusts You with all his heart. Continue to be his help and fill his heart with joy so that he might burst out in songs of thanksgiving today and tomorrow. Give Jonathan the strength he needs. Continue to be the safe fortress to your anointed one. Bless Jonathan, your special possession. Lead him like a shepherd, and carry him in your arms now and forever.
In Jesus' Name we pray this!
Post a Comment